Saturday, August 1, 2015

First Day

Email written: 6/17/15



So today I entered the MTC. Before I went in I texted Kyle and he replied with "See ya on the flip side" which reminded me of this scene from the Office 
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__m.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3DTMxpkyQFwjw&d=BQMCaQ&c=z0adcvxXWKG6LAMN6dVEqQ&r=j8NDEcP2i8CZ6TSqhTL8RMPFy3xexwUNZw7szO4Hbhw&m=acc4ymFTeC1TST5-rUAYZ_wURABt7PWiXYxJzQw7mp4&s=7lJIAgSRHwqbjjrWjYAXJozuXCiJw71NopuLFhnDsOw&e=
  
(Don't worry, I sent the link to myself beforehand) It was such a weird experience getting dropped off. It just seems surreal. It got the most real when they handed me the name tag that says "Elder Steele". It feels kind of like EFY but times 10. I saw 4 people from my BYU ward (including the cute girl I mentioned in my farewell) I put my stuff in the room and went to class and freaked out. because in the hour and half we had class, it was all in Spanish. We only spoke 7 words in English, but honestly Spanish is a wonderful language and I'm ready to learn. This evening we spent time in large groups talking with real investigators and it was an interesting experience really having to listen and love these people to try and teach them. 

So it turns out my P-day is going to be on Wednesdays during my time here. Other than that I don't have much to say. I'm just trying to figure this all out.   -Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment