Monday, February 29, 2016

Bednar and More Bedrest

Email written: 2/29/16


So Wednesday we got to finally go back to the pension, but not before we got to have a meeting with Elder Bednar! It was a conference for all the missionaries in South America south area and it was really special. His way of teaching invited the spirit and allowed for an incredible learning environment. After the conference we went to the pension and I got to do divisions to work in my area once again. It wasn´t too hard to adjust back to working, but what was difficult was that this week I could only work 2 or 3 hours a day to accomadate the other elder´s schedules. So we couldn´t really find anyone new, and everyone that we had we lost. Carlos and Lunna relapsed and won't talk to us and Maria threw her Book of Mormon at us. On Saturday our ward mission leader just went up and quit so now its going to be harder than ever to work with the ward. Then to top it all off yesterday not only was Elder Troya in a lot of pain, I too was sick (but I´ve gotten a little better today). 

But even though it´s been pretty brutal these past few weeks and it looks like it´s not going to get a whole lot better this coming week, I don´t want to go home. I don´t want to quit. It´s such a weird feeling because as hard as it is, I still love the mission and wouldn´t have it any other way. There is something that´s keeping me here and I know that eventually the promise in Doctrine and Covenants 122:7 will be fulfilled. And also in reading in Alma and the 2000 young men that learned from their mothers has made me reflect on what my mom has taught me. And she always taught me that "I can do hard things" and to not give up, so that´s what I´m going to do. 


I can´t stop working just because it seems like the world is against me because my purpose and calling are greater. Sister Bednar told us that there will be times when we will say we can´t do it, and in reality it´s true. There are things that we can´t do without humbling ourselves before the Lord and receiving His help.  -Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment