Monday, May 23, 2016

Loco for Locro

Email written: 5/23/16
This week was just another one of those weeks. Another one of those weeks where we are tried and tested and even when we do everything, we still end up with nothing. When every day gets harder and harder and more depressing to look at our agenda. But as we learn when we get discouraged there is no room for faith or a vision and it creates a cycle of hard times. Last night my companion had to call the sisters in our district to talk about their week, and they hard a week harder than ours, but they were talking about their goals for next week and they set them pretty high. I have to admit, it caught me by surprise that after the week they had, they had the faith and optimism and I had to stop and think where I am with those things and what am I going to do this week to change our possibilities for success. 
This week we learned that odd things happen for a reason. On Wednesday, Elder Vides had some problems with his bike and we went to get the tire patched. About 10 minutes later on our way to lunch his tire popped again and when we stopped to check it out the police rolled up and the officer yelled ¿De dónde sos? (where are you from) and when a police officer here asks this, problems usually follow. Elder Vides responded Colombia and then he looked at me and I said the US. He then asked me how long I´ve been here and when I leave. I thought he was going to ask for our documents, which is a problem because we only carry a copy and some of the police don´t like that. But in the end he said it was really cool that we were from different places and he started to ask a bunch of questions about the church and even the Spirit was with us which was neat. Then yesterday while waiting for a member to do visits with us, another member walked by and said he was ready to go out with us too, so we decided to do divisions to help us reach our goals and to find. But the other member took a while and in the time we waited, a police car rolls up and guess who it was.. our friend from Wednesday! I couldn't help but laugh and he again was asking about the church. 
One of the things that I was thinking a lot about this week was 2 Nephi 31:15 "And I heard a voice from the Father, saying: Yea, the words of my Beloved are true and faithful. He that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved." First of all there are not a lot of instances where God directly speaks because it´s usually Christ. So in one of these rare times when we had the direct words of God he keeps it simple but powerful. First he testifies of Christ and that we too need to believe and then that enduring to the end can be seen as the thing most important to Him. So in the end we need to have faith and endure (2 things I´m working on right now). I love the Book of Mormon and I know it's true.   -Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment