Monday, March 28, 2016

The March Madness Won't Stop

Email written: 3/28/16


Just when I was getting comfortable and starting to work in the trio I got a call from the assistants telling me that I was going to receive a new companion that night. It´s Elder Nina from Bolivia. So, this week was the week where we opened the Villa Oculta, and when you open an area you have to start from 0 and spend the first bit really working with members. It helped that I know a handful but we really had to work a lot this week. And because we focused a lot on members we didn't really find any new investigators. But we have seen small blessings in working with the members. First of all we have started to better the relationship between the missionaries and the ward (something happened in the past, and for that the ward has been kind of cold to missionaries even though us 6 haven´t done anything). Another blessing that we saw was that we received a few references without even asking. On Friday there was a ward activity and a family from our area brought their friend who was an old investigator. She wants to get baptized but her Dad is hesitant to give permission. 

This week got harder when we went to see a "golden family" that I found on divisions. They were a miracle and a really amazing family of 7, and almost all accepted baptism. But in these weeks they´ve been sick, and when we finally passed by the mom told us that they prefer the other elder. That one hurt because I had been so happy to find them and then praying and preparing for them so much, and to be told they just want the other elder was a big bummer. It´s been hard being in this Villa so long without a baptism and I don´t really know what I´m supposed to learn from all of this. But I've got to keep going.

Recently I've been reading in Ether and something that called my attention was that it says multiple times "and [this person] did that which was good in the sight of the Lord and[received this blessing]" I understand the importance of my call and know that what I am doing is "good in the sight of the Lord" and therefore (not to sound selfish) I will be blessed. Whether it be now, after the mission, or after this life. I just have to do my part to the best of my ability. I am grateful for this Easter time and for my Savior, Jesus Christ. 


-Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment