Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Doctrine and Covenants 121:7

Email written: 11/15/16


This week was the last week of the transfer and what a transfer. While I was able to learn a lot, it was not the easiest. Every day was getting more and more difficult and I kept asking "why?" and "how much longer?" and Sunday was something that really helped me finish enduring to the end. Sunday was the ward Primary program and it was such good work. To end the program they had us 4 missionaries come up and join the primary in Called to Serve and the spirit that filled the room was incredible. I felt that everything was going to be ok and that I really am in God's special work. Then at night, one of the youth (and one of our best friends in the ward) opened his mission call and is going to Brazil!! Watching him open his call and to see the emotions of him, his family, and the ward, reminded me of when I opened my call a year and a half ago. I remembered that it's not all about me being a missionary, there is a much greater plan and purpose and it is such a privilege and a blessing to be here in Argentina. 

And as for transfers, I stayed here in Urquiza and Elder Aguilar left. I'm now with Elder Spurling from Indiana. He has 2 transfers left, so if we stay together next transfer too, I will be here in Urquiza for almost 8 months!! But either way, Elder Spurling and I are going to work a ton this transfer and I'm really excited. 

-Elder Steele

No comments:

Post a Comment